- Full time
- @Work In Zimbabwe posted 2 months ago
- Posted : 7 January 2024 -Accepting applications
Career Level Qualified / Experienced
Experience 2 Years
What we do Government & Parastatals
Qualifications Bachelors Degree
Our client, Vungu Rural District Council, is a prominent organization operating in the public sector. As a local governing body, Vungu Rural District Council plays a crucial role in managing and serving the community in Gweru, Zimbabwe.
The council is committed to upholding transparency, accountability, and efficient service delivery to promote the development and well-being of the region.
Vungu Rural District Council is looking for a highly skilled District Planner to join the company’s dynamic team. As a District Planner, you will be responsible for preparing district development plans, coordinating spatial development, ensuring compliance with regulations, and promoting sustainable land use practices.
This role offers an excellent opportunity to contribute to the council’s planning and environmental efforts for the region’s growth and development.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare district development plans in accordance with relevant government departments’ consultations.
- Facilitate the preparation of layout plans for public, industrial, commercial, and residential land development purposes.
- Coordinate all spatial development activities within the district, ensuring compliance with legislation and regulations.
- Prevent illegal developments and ensure compliance with relevant legislation and regulations.
- Peg and allocate approved layout plan stands in accordance with regulations.
- Handle appeal cases in consultation with relevant government departments.
- Prepare and administer land leases.
- Promote good agricultural practices and sustainable land use.
- Prepare budget estimates related to planning and environmental projects.
- Monitor and control the extraction of natural resources to ensure sustainable use.
- Conduct patrols to prevent illegal extraction of natural resources and collaborate with relevant authorities to apprehend offenders.
- Identify and develop opportunities for ecotourism and income generation from natural resources and agriculture.
- Enforce council’s agriculture, natural resources, and land use by-laws.
- Make appropriate recommendations on agriculture and environmental matters for management consideration.
- Supervise staff in the Planning and Environment Department.
- Assign and agree on work targets with subordinates.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A degree in Rural and Urban Planning from a recognized institution.
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant practical experience.
- A relevant post-graduate qualification is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of GIS and other relevant IT applications is desirable.
- Must be at least 30 years of age or above.
- Possession of a clean Class 4 driver’s license is an added advantage.
- Police clearance is required.
Interested candidates should submit their handwritten application letter accompanied by a detailed CV and certified copies of academic and professional qualifications, birth certificates, and national ID with at least two referees no later than 22 January 2024.
Share this job with friends and relativesSorry, Applications have been closed.