District HIV Care and Treatment Coordinator (Gweru)
- @Zimbabwe Health Interventions (ZHI) posted 2 months ago
- Posted : 12 January 2024 -Accepting applications
Career Level Qualified / Experienced
Experience 3 Years
What we do NGO / NPO & CharityHealth / Medical services
Qualifications Registered / Valid LicenseCertificate level
Zimbabwe Health Interventions (ZHI) is a not-for-profit human development organization registered as a Trust under the Zimbabwe Deeds Registries Act (Chapter 20:05).
ZHI’s mission is to develop and deliver innovative and sustainable high impact integrated health interventions with local communities while working with and strengthening existing institutions.
Zimbabwe Health Interventions (ZHI) is looking for a dedicated and experienced District HIV Care and Treatment Coordinator to join our dynamic team in Gweru.
As the District HIV Care and Treatment Coordinator, you will be responsible for managing the planning, implementation, and monitoring of ZHI program activities in the Gweru district. This role plays a critical part in ensuring the delivery of quality HIV care and treatment services to individuals in need.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and coordinate the District Team, providing leadership and supervision to ensure the quality implementation of the ACCE program.
- Develop and monitor annual and quarterly work plans and budgets for the district, aligning them with ACCE program targets.
- Document key program achievements and challenges, producing routine reports to inform program and policy development.
- Supervise HRH nurses attached to health facilities, ensuring their performance aligns with site targets.
- Manage program resources for the district, submitting written requests for resources according to established procedures.
- Ensure expenditure at the district level adheres to organizational finance and operational policies and guidelines.
- Implement district program activities, facilitating capacity development of healthcare workers and organizing trainings in collaboration with district and provincial health authorities.
- Provide technical assistance to health care facilities for community education and mobilization activities related to PMTCT, HIV Care and Treatment, and cervical cancer screening and management.
- Conduct on-site support and supervision visits to clinics, ensuring the implementation of policies and guidelines.
- Collaborate with the District Health Executive (DHE) to facilitate clinical mentorship programs and clinical attachments for health care workers.
- Hold regular updates and review meetings with the DHE to monitor the progress of the national program.
- Utilize routine program data to improve performance at each site in the district.
- Collaborate with the Program Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator to ensure timely and accurate data entry into relevant databases.
- Share program performance successes and challenges through quarterly data analysis and summary reports with relevant stakeholders.
Qualifications and Experience:
- State Registered Nurse with at least three years of relevant experience.
- Relevant practicing certificate is required.
- Completed course in Advanced HIV and AIDS Management.
- Post basic qualification in community nursing, midwifery, health management training, or equivalent is an added advantage.
- MPH is an added advantage.
- Senior Nursing experience in public OI/ART clinics with reference to PMTCT and HIV Care and Treatment is a must.
- Management experience as DNO/Community Nurse or Hospital Matron in a public health setting in Zimbabwe is preferred.
- Experience in managing HIV Care and Treatment and PMTCT programs is an added advantage.
- Experience working in MOHCC clinics and NGO environment.
Step 2: After filling in the form in Step 1, now click on the “Apply for this job” button on this page to submit your CV and application letter.
During the application process, ZHI will not charge any fee nor will it require any payment for an application to be considered. ZHI is an equal opportunity employer and employs personnel without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, language, citizenship, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, physical handicap or financial ability.
Share this job with friends and relativesSorry, Applications have been closed.