Director Internal Audit
- Full time
- @Zimbabwe Revenue Authority (Zimra) posted 3 days ago
- Posted : 26 May 2023 -Accepting applications
Career Level Director / Executive
Experience 7 Years
What we do Accounting / Banking & FinanceGovernment & Parastatals
Qualifications Bachelors DegreeProfessional Course
Zimbabwe Revenue Authority (ZIMRA) is a government agency responsible for the administration and enforcement of tax laws and regulations in Zimbabwe.
We are seeking a highly experienced and dynamic Director Internal Audit to lead our internal audit function.
The Director Internal Audit will be responsible for providing strategic leadership to the internal audit function, ensuring that ZIMRA’s operations are in compliance with laws, regulations, and internal policies.
The successful candidate will work closely with the senior management team to ensure the effective and efficient operation of the internal audit function.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leading the development and implementation of internal audit strategies, policies, and procedures
- Develop an Internal Audit strategy for the Authority in line with the overall corporate strategy.
- Check that the internal audit system operates correctly and appropriately, through an audit plan approved by the Board of Directors, based on a structured process for the analysis and prioritisation of key risks.
- Provide the Board of Directors with an independent and objective assurance about the operations and internal controls of the organisation.
- Ensure all statutory requirements and policies of the organization are implemented.
- Developing and maintaining the annual internal audit plan and ensuring its successful execution
- Conducting risk assessments and recommending appropriate audit procedures to mitigate identified risks
- Conducting audits of ZIMRA’s operations, systems, and internal controls to ensure compliance with laws, regulations, and internal policies
- Preparing and presenting audit reports to the senior management team and board of directors
- Ensuring that audit findings and recommendations are addressed and resolved in a timely manner
- Building and maintaining relationships with stakeholders, including taxpayers, professional bodies, and government agencies
- Providing expert advice on internal control, risk management, and compliance issues
- Mentoring and coaching staff to ensure their professional development and growth
- Coordinating with external auditors to ensure compliance with external audit requirements
- Assisting with the development and implementation of fraud prevention and detection strategies
- Assisting with other tasks and projects as needed
Qualifications and Experience:
- A First degree in Accounting, Audit or Business Studies.
- A professional qualification such as CA, CIS, LIMA, ACCA is a requirement.
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) is a requirement.
- A Master’s Degree is an added advantage.
- At least seven (7) years working experience in an auditing or accounting environment, five (5) of which should have been at senior management level in an audit environment.
- Knowledge of SAP and/or ASYCUDA World systems is an added advantage.
- Should be a member of the Institute of Auditors.
- High level of Computer Literacy and analytical skills.
Share this job with friends and relativesLogin to Apply
Applications cut off date
Related Jobs in Zimbabwe
Attachee – Human Resources Full time
Senior Human Resources & Administration Officer Full time
Internal Auditor Full time
Corporate Communications Officer Full time