- Full time
- @Executive Talent Associates posted 2 weeks ago
- Posted : 5 February 2024 -Accepting applications
Career Level Qualified / Experienced
Experience 3 Years
What we do Retail / FMCG & Wholesale
Qualifications Diploma level
Our client, a prominent company in the FMCG sector, is seeking a diligent Creditors Clerk to join their finance team. With a commitment to excellence and a strong market presence, our client is dedicated to maintaining positive supplier relationships and ensuring the timely payment of invoices.
Joining their dynamic team will provide you with the opportunity to contribute to their financial operations and be a part of their continued success. Our client is looking for a detail-oriented and proactive Creditors Clerk to handle the organization’s accounts payable process.
As a Creditors Clerk, you will be responsible for accurately processing and reconciling supplier invoices, ensuring timely payments, and maintaining positive relationships with suppliers.
Your role will play a crucial part in supporting the finance department and ensuring the smooth functioning of the accounts payable function.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process and verify supplier invoices, ensuring accuracy and adherence to company policies.
- Reconcile supplier statements and resolve any discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Prepare and process payments to suppliers, ensuring adherence to payment terms.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of accounts payable transactions.
- Monitor outstanding invoices and coordinate with suppliers to resolve any payment issues.
- Assist in the month-end closing process, including reconciling accounts payable balances.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to resolve any accounts payable-related queries or issues.
- Support the preparation of financial reports and analysis related to accounts payable.
- Ensure compliance with internal controls and financial policies in the accounts payable process.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of accounts payable processes and procedures.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A Diploma in Accounting or an Accounting qualification (e.g., AIC, ACCA, CIMA) or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar role, preferably within the retail, manufacturing, or FMCG industry.
- Strong knowledge of accounts payable principles and practices.
- Proficiency in using accounting software and MS Excel.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy in data entry.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Effective communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Ability to work independently and collaborate within a team.
To apply for this position, submit your CV today for review. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Share this job with friends and relativesSorry, Applications have been closed.