- Full time
- @Bindura University of Science Education (BUSE) posted 1 week ago
- Posted : 11 February 2024 -Accepting applications
Career Level Qualified / Experienced
Experience 3 Years
What we do Education / Teaching & Training
Qualifications Bachelors DegreeRegistered / Valid License
Bindura University of Science Education (BUSE) is a renowned Zimbabwean university that offers a wide range of courses in the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics, Science Education, Commerce, and Social Sciences.
With a commitment to academic excellence and a focus on holistic student development, BUSE provides a vibrant learning environment that nurtures intellectual growth and fosters innovation.
Bindura University of Science Education (BUSE) is looking for a dedicated and compassionate Counsellor to join our dynamic team. As a Counsellor at BUSE, you will play a crucial role in providing individual and group counselling to our staff and students, addressing various educational, personal, and emotional issues. This is an opportunity to make a positive impact on the well-being and academic success of our diverse student population.
- Provide individual and group counselling to staff and students at Bindura University of Science Education on a wide range of educational, personal, or other relevant issues.
- Act as an advisor and consultant to students, offering guidance on emotional aspects of learning and overall student welfare.
- Assist international students in their cultural acclimatization process and provide support in career development and soft skills.
- Support “at-risk students” by assisting them with study skills and developing intervention strategies to enhance their academic performance.
- Organize on-campus job seeking activities, including one-on-one sessions with students and group workshops.
- Offer free, independent, and confidential advice and support to students regarding academic and administrative rights.
- Represent and advocate for students in meetings and discussions with staff and committees, providing guidance during appeals, complaints, or misconduct findings.
- Address equity and welfare issues that may impact students’ ability to study, collaborating with relevant departments and making appropriate referrals.
- Maintain accurate records of all counselling sessions for future reference and audit purposes.
- Organize and deliver talks, seminars, and student development programs on topics relevant to students’ well-being and personal growth.
- Conduct informative sessions during orientation periods to help students transition smoothly into university life.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Counselling or Counselling Psychology.
- A Master’s degree in Counselling or Counselling Psychology would be an added advantage.
- Must be registered and possess a current practising certificate with the Allied Health Practitioners Council of Zimbabwe.
- Minimum of three (3) years of relevant working experience in a University setting.
- Proficiency in computer skills, including Word, Excel, and Internet usage.
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information with integrity and professionalism.
How to apply
To apply, interested and qualified individuals should send a single set of their application documents merged into a continuous PDF format. The application should include an application letter, certified copies of educational certificates, transcripts, National ID, Birth Certificate, and a detailed Curriculum Vitae, including personal details, qualifications, previous employment, experience, telephone number, present salary, date of availability, and the names, email addresses, and telephone numbers of at least three referees.
Share this job with friends and relativesSorry, Applications have been closed.