- Full time
- @Work In Zimbabwe posted 1 month ago
- Posted : 7 January 2024 -Accepting applications
Career Level Qualified / Experienced
Experience 3 Years
What we do Government & Parastatals
Qualifications Bachelors DegreeProfessional Qualification
Vungu Rural District Council is a prominent organization operating in the public sector. As a local governing body, Vungu Rural District Council plays a crucial role in managing and serving the community in Gweru, Zimbabwe.
The council is committed to upholding transparency, accountability, and efficient service delivery to promote the development and well-being of the region.
Vungu Rural District Council is looking for a highly skilled Council Treasurer to join the company’s dynamic team. As the Council Treasurer, you will be responsible for overseeing financial management, budgeting, and accounting functions.
This role offers an excellent opportunity to contribute to the council’s financial stability and support effective decision-making processes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare the council’s annual budget estimates in accordance with the Rural District Councils Act and ministerial directives, ensuring timely completion.
- Design, implement, and monitor financial procedures, control systems, and accounting policies aligned with best practices.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of the council’s income and expenditure, ensuring compliance with relevant regulations.
- Prepare monthly financial statements and present them to the Finance Committee, facilitating informed decision-making.
- Ensure timely settlement of the council’s liabilities and maintain a comprehensive database of rate payers and entities within the council’s jurisdiction.
- Develop and implement efficient systems for revenue collection, maximizing collection rates and minimizing arrears.
- Supervise the Finance Department staff, providing guidance, assigning work targets, and fostering a collaborative environment.
- Collaborate with auditors during the audit process, ensuring compliance with audit requirements and addressing any findings.
- Stay updated with changes in financial regulations and industry best practices, recommending improvements and implementing necessary changes.
- Support the Chief Executive Officer and other stakeholders in financial planning and reporting processes.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A recognized university degree in finance or accounting.
- Full qualification in CIS, CIA, ACCA, or CIMA is also acceptable.
- A postgraduate degree in finance or accounting would be an added advantage.
- Proficiency in computerized accounting systems such as Pastel Evolution and other relevant IT applications.
- At least three years of relevant post-qualification experience.
- Minimum age of 30 years.
- Possession of a clean Class 4 driver’s license is an added advantage.
- Police clearance is required.
Interested candidates should submit a handwritten application letter accompanied by a detailed CV and certified copies of academic and professional qualifications, birth certificates, and national ID with at least two referees no later than 22 January 2024.
Share this job with friends and relativesSorry, Applications have been closed.