- Full time
- @Nash Paints posted 2 weeks ago
- Posted : 25 May 2023 -Accepting applications
Career Level Qualified / Experienced
Experience 4 Years
What we do Manufacturing & WarehousingRetail / FMCG & Wholesale
Qualifications Bachelors Degree
Nash Paints is a leading manufacturing and retail company in Zimbabwe that provides quality paint products to businesses and individuals.
Nash Paints is seeking a Costing Accountant to join their accounting team. The Costing Accountant will be responsible for analyzing and interpreting cost data, preparing cost reports, and providing recommendations to management.
The ideal candidate should have a strong background in manufacturing and retail industry, as well as a strong costing background and at least 4 years of experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze and interpret cost data, and develop costing models and reports
- Prepare and analyze cost reports, and provide recommendations to management
- Develop and maintain relationships with stakeholders, including customers, suppliers, and regulatory agencies
- Implement and maintain records and information systems, and ensure confidentiality and security of information
- Participate in internal and external audits, and provide support for compliance and risk management initiatives
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and best practices related to costing in the manufacturing and retail industry, and incorporate them into the costing process
- Develop and maintain the departmental budget, and ensure efficient use of resources
- Oversee and manage the costing function, and provide training and support to staff as required
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements, and implement corrective actions as required
- Verify and reconcile inventory and cost of goods sold accounts, and investigate and resolve discrepancies in a timely and accurate manner
- Develop and implement cost control measures, and monitor and analyze cost data to identify opportunities for improvement
- Ensure accurate and timely recording of all cost-related transactions, and maintain appropriate documentation and records
- Collaborate with other departments, including production and sales, to ensure accurate and timely cost data
- Assist in the development and implementation of policies and procedures related to costing processes
- Perform any other related duties that may be assigned occasionally.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in costing, preferably in the manufacturing and retail industry
- Professional course (ACCA, CIS, CIMA).added advantage
- Strong knowledge of costing principles, practices, and procedures
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to analyze data and make data-driven decisions
Share this job with friends and relativesSorry, Applications have been closed.
Related Jobs in Zimbabwe
Management Accountant Full time
Stores and Procurement Controller Full time
Assistant Accountant/Debtors Controller Full time
Director Finance, Human Resources and Administration Full time
Senior Accountant Full time