Cost and Management Accountant
- Full time
- @Work In Zimbabwe posted 2 weeks ago
- Posted : 20 November 2023 -Accepting applications
Career Level Qualified / Experienced
Experience 3 Years
What we do Mining / Metals & Geology
Qualifications Bachelors DegreeProfessional Qualification
Our company, a prominent coal mining company in Zimbabwe, is seeking a highly skilled and dedicated Cost and Management Accountant to join our Finance and Administration department.
With a strong focus on operational management and achieving our business and financial goals, we offer an exciting opportunity for career growth and professional development.
Our company is looking for a detail-oriented and results-driven Cost and Management Accountant to join our dynamic team. As a key member of our Finance and Administration department, you will be responsible for providing operational management information, ensuring control of business activities, and managing administrative functions to support the achievement of our company’s goals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administer accounting systems, meticulously checking audit trails to ensure accuracy and compliance.
- Coordinate the fixed assets accounting system, including capital working progress, acquisitions, and cost allocations.
- Prepare product cost flow, stock valuation, and monthly departmental cost summaries.
- Compile and present monthly management accounts to Executives, providing valuable insights and analysis.
- Develop and maintain monthly cashflow forecasts to support financial planning and decision-making.
- Coordinate the annual budgeting process, including business costing, budget assumptions, and timelines.
- Conduct trend analysis of sales, profitability, and earnings to identify patterns and opportunities for improvement.
- Perform detailed product and business analysis of costs, volume, and profitability, ensuring a competitive advantage.
- Facilitate the year-end program, ensuring smooth coordination and timely completion of tasks.
- Calculate tax liabilities for half-year and year-end results, ensuring compliance with local regulations.
- Coach and mentor junior employees and staff, fostering their professional growth and development.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Mature individual with a degree in Accounting.
- Professional qualifications in CIMA/ACCA.
- A Master’s degree in Accounting or MBA (Finance) will be advantageous.
- Membership in a Finance/Accounting professional body is mandatory.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an accounting role.
- Experience in the Mining Industry or Heavy Industry is essential.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal communication skills.
- In-depth understanding of local financial regulations and reporting requirements.
- Excellent financial modelling and analytical skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and other financial software.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines.
To apply, please submit your detailed curriculum vitae, along with copies of your educational and professional qualifications.
Share this job with friends and relativesSorry, Applications have been closed.