Corporate Finance Manager
- Full time
- @Work In Zimbabwe posted 2 weeks ago
- Posted : 21 November 2023 -Accepting applications
Career Level Supervisor / Manager
Experience 2 Years
What we do Accounting / Banking & FinanceOther professional services
Qualifications Bachelors DegreeProfessional Qualification
Naka Events Management is a leading financial institution with a strong reputation in the industry. With a focus on providing exceptional corporate finance services, our client has established itself as a trusted partner for businesses seeking strategic financial solutions. With a commitment to innovation and excellence, Naka Events Management offers a dynamic and collaborative work environment that fosters professional growth and success.
Naka Events Management is looking for an experienced and highly skilled Corporate Finance Manager specializing in Mergers, Acquisitions, and Venture Capital. As a Corporate Finance Manager, you will play a crucial role in formulating strategies for corporate clients, leading finance projects, and providing valuable insights to support decision-making.
Reporting to the Executive Director, Advisory Services, this senior role requires a deep understanding of national infrastructure projects and real estate developments. If you are a motivated professional with a passion for corporate finance and a proven track record in delivering exceptional results, we invite you to join our dynamic team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Formulate strategies for corporate clients by providing insights to help create a competitive positioning in the market.
- Lead corporate finance projects and support the executive team in executing and delivering project objectives.
- Develop frameworks and step plans to execute strategies, demonstrating synergistic benefits and value-add to the company.
- Analyze the external environment and formulate innovative strategies for competitive positioning.
- Develop valuation methodologies, modeling techniques, and legal agreement clauses for industries and specific companies.
- Provide strategic direction in an ambiguous, competitive, and emerging environment, proposing financial solutions independently.
- Develop performance measures and monitor the evaluation of national infrastructure development and real estate projects.
- Establish a knowledge-sharing platform to create internal capabilities and apply sector-specific knowledge to influence the company’s strategic direction.
- Ensure compliance with risk, regulatory, prudential, and legal requirements, protecting internal and external stakeholders.
- Identify project risks and propose mitigating strategies from inception to close.
- Lead policy development for venture capital through advocacy, debates, and engagements with government and relevant parties.
- Engage with academia involved in entrepreneurship and venture capital to create investment pipelines.
- Demonstrate the benefits of corporate venture capital to corporate enterprises, leveraging existing human capital data to increase operational efficiency.
- Establish networks with regional and international venture capital stakeholders.
- Present potential investment proposals to executives, demonstrating strategic intents, financial models, and regulatory briefing documents.
- Manage project lead consultants, advisors, and external stakeholders to execute projects efficiently.
- Establish networks with leading stakeholders in the mergers, acquisitions, and venture capital ecosystem.
Mergers & Acquisitions:
- Build internal capabilities in the M&A lifecycle to enhance client recommendations and functional work streams.
- Utilize robust financial models and data analytics to derive insights for decision-making.
- Lead the deal origination phase by initiating discussions with entrepreneurs at networking events.
- Screen deals based on industry sector, investment stage, geographic location, and capital requirements.
- Evaluate investment opportunities, conduct due diligence, and assess the market, products, financial potential, and business plans.
- Structure deals and monitor project performance to maximize returns and reduce agency risks.
- Advise clients on reputation, management processes, financing options, and exit strategies.
- Prepare valuations using discounted cash flow and other valuation methodologies.
- Develop budgets, cash flow forecasts, and manage the corporate finance unit’s performance.
- Manage work-in-progress, billing, and invoicing processes.
- Identify opportunities for revenue generation and cost reduction.
Technology and Systems:
- Develop internal systems to support migration post-acquisition and customer insights analysis.
- Lead the formulation and revision of corporate finance structures and identify integration points.
- Contribute to the enhancement of systems to improve efficiencies.
- Lead macro- and micro-planning for business initiatives and understand changing business landscapes.
- Conduct organizational diagnosis and develop restructuring solutions post-mergers and acquisitions.
- Identify bottlenecks and develop alternative processes to promote flow.
- Develop lean, effective, and cross-functional organizational designs to support strategy delivery.
- Lead self-directed professional teams and drive collaboration across functions.
- Provide strategic direction aligned with customers’ objectives.
- Build team capabilities through growth opportunities, knowledge sharing, and mentorship.
- Qualified CA, CIMA, or CFA professional certification.
- Master’s Degree in finance or a related field.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
- Minimum of 2 years of management experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in mergers and acquisitions and project management.
Share this job with friends and relativesSorry, Applications have been closed.