- Full time
- @iHR Active posted 4 weeks ago
- Posted : 8 November 2023 -Accepting applications
Career Level Qualified / Experienced
Experience 3 Years
What we do Accounting / Banking & Finance
Qualifications Bachelors DegreeProfessional Qualification
Our client is a reputable financial institution dedicated to providing secure and compliant financial services to its customers. With a strong commitment to regulatory compliance and risk management, our client maintains a high standard of integrity and professionalism.
Join our client’s team as a Compliance Officer and contribute to their mission of maintaining a compliant and trusted financial environment. Our client is seeking a detail-oriented and knowledgeable Compliance Officer to join their team.
As a Compliance Officer, you will play a critical role in identifying, assessing, and managing compliance risks within the organization. Your responsibilities will include conducting internal audits, ensuring alignment with regulatory guidelines, formulating and implementing internal policies, and collaborating with management to assess institutional risks. Join our team and contribute to a culture of compliance and accountability.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify, assess, monitor, and advise management on compliance risks.
- Conduct internal audits on financial and operational activities across all units.
- Align the organization’s internal compliance risk management definitions with regulatory guidelines.
- Enforce compliance through the formulation and implementation of internal policies, process flows, and training programs.
- Collate daily reports from all units, provide comprehensive analysis, and make recommendations.
- Update and oversee the implementation of Anti-Money Laundering and Combating Financing of Terrorism and Proliferation Financing (AML/CFT/CPF) Policies and Procedures.
- Collaborate with management to conduct and update the institutional risk assessment (IRA).
- Report suspicious transactions and cash transaction returns (CTR) to the Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU) within stipulated timelines.
- Oversee the timely submission of regulatory returns and respond to information requests from regulators.
- Ensure adequate resourcing for all branches in terms of operational and compliance requirements.
- Periodically train staff on money laundering, terrorist financing, and proliferation financing (ML/TF/PF) risks and responses.
- Perform other functions as prescribed by the regulator(s).
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree in Risk Management or Banking and Finance.
- Compliance Management Certification is mandatory.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Compliance in banking, money transfer institutions, or financial institutions with significant knowledge of compliance/risk-related issues.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license.
- Knowledge of banking laws and the ability to interpret and apply them accurately.
- Familiarity with Exchange Control Regulations in Zimbabwe.
- Exceptional leadership traits and strong attention to detail.
- Meticulous approach to work and a commitment to upholding compliance standards.
- Net salary of USD350.00 per month.
- Monthly performance-based bonus of USD200.00 in line with the internal Performance Reward Policy.
To apply, please submit your CV along with two (2) reference letters from previous employers.
Share this job with friends and relativesSorry, Applications have been closed.