Communications Officer – Part Time
- Part time
- @Tsungirirai Welfare Organization posted 3 weeks ago
- Posted : 31 January 2024 -Accepting applications
Career Level Qualified / Experienced
Experience 1 Year
What we do NGO / NPO & Charity
Qualifications Diploma level
Tsungirirai Welfare Organization is a registered organization under the PVO Act, dedicated to HIV/AIDS prevention, treatment, care, and support. Based in Norton, Zimbabwe, Tsungirirai operates in Chegutu and Zvimba districts, providing essential services to diverse communities.
Tsungirirai Welfare Organization is looking for a dynamic and passionate Communications Officer to join our team. This part-time position offers an opportunity to contribute to the organization’s visibility and make a positive impact in the field of HIV/AIDS prevention and support.
As a Communications Officer, you will play a vital role in overseeing and managing our social media accounts, producing engaging content for various platforms, and strengthening our communication strategies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement social media strategies to enhance our online presence and engage with diverse audiences effectively.
- Create compelling and informative content for social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, and other relevant channels.
- Manage the organization’s website, ensuring regular updates and maintenance.
- Produce engaging material for print and online media, such as newsletters, research publications, and success stories.
- Collaborate with internal teams to gather information, stories, and data for communication materials.
- Conduct research and stay updated on emerging trends and best practices in digital communications.
- Support the planning and execution of events and projects, ensuring effective communication strategies and timely updates.
- Monitor social media analytics and generate reports to evaluate the impact of communication efforts.
- Work closely with graphic designers and video production teams to create visually appealing content.
- Assist in developing and maintaining relationships with media partners and stakeholders.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Diploma or Degree in Communication, Journalism, Mass Media, or equivalent.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in British English.
- Strong understanding and passion for digital communications, including social media management and content creation.
- Proficiency in using tools such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign, as well as basic video editing skills.
- Attention to detail and a drive for precision in crafting communication materials.
- Knowledge of HIV/AIDS prevention and support is a plus.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
To apply, please submit your CV and application on or before the 6th of February 2024. However, shortlisting will be done on a rolling basis.
Share this job with friends and relativesSorry, Applications have been closed.