Commissioner Revenue Assurance
- Full time
- @Zimbabwe Revenue Authority (Zimra) posted 1 week ago
- Posted : 31 May 2023 -Accepting applications
Career Level Director / Executive
Experience 10 Years +
What we do Accounting / Banking & FinanceGovernment & Parastatals
Qualifications Bachelors Degree
Zimbabwe Revenue Authority (ZIMRA) is a government agency responsible for the administration and enforcement of tax laws and regulations in Zimbabwe.
We are seeking a highly experienced and dynamic Commissioner Revenue Assurance to provide strategic leadership to the Revenue Assurance Division.
The Commissioner Revenue Assurance will be responsible for providing strategic leadership to the Revenue Assurance Division, with a particular focus on taxation of e-commerce, formulating risk management strategies for taxation of specialized sectors, and international transactions.
The successful candidate will work closely with the senior management team to ensure the effective and efficient operation of the division.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in the strategic review of tax statutes and organisational policies and procedures to support ZIMRA’s strategic plan and objectives.
- Review divisional processes, operations and practices to ensure their effective implementation.
- Develop and implement stakeholder engagement programs for effective compliance management partnerships.
- Coordinate revenue intelligence gathering, including administering the whistle-blower facility, investigating taxpayer issues through the hotline as delegated.
- Develop strategies to eradicate corruption.
- Develop effective systems capable of dealing with tax evasion and tax avoidance as well as investigation of criminal cases emanating therefrom.
- Collaborate with ICT Division on new IT-based systems and processes for revenue assurance enhancement.
- Research on, identify revenue gaps and develop mitigation strategies, including identification and investigation of international tax evasion schemes like transfer pricing, money laundering and illicit financial flows.
- Disseminate intelligence information to other divisions to reduce revenue leakages.
- Build and motivate high-performance teams to fulfil the mandate of the division and the Authority.
Qualifications and Experience
- First degree in Business/ Accounting /Fiscal Studies/ Finance/ Equivalent is mandatory.
- A Master’s degree is an added advantage.
- Proficiency in SAP or ASYCUDA World is an added advantage.
- At least ten (10) years of work experience at the managerial level.
- Experience in any of the following areas; tax administration and or tax investigations and revenue enforcement preferably in the following environments; revenue administration, financial institution, accounting/ audit firm or any high revenue organisation.
Skills & Competencies:
- Knowledge of local, regional and international tax matters and tax laws.
- Knowledge in investigating digital transactions using audit tools.
- Strong knowledge of the various Tax Laws of Zimbabwe, such as the Income Tax, VAT, Customs & Excise Acts.
- Knowledge of other relevant laws such as the Criminal Procedures and Evidence Act.
- Knowledge and experience in financial intelligence gathering and management.
- Proven blemish-free integrity record.
Interested candidates should submit applications, accompanied by a detailed Curriculum Vitae on or before 1 June 2023.
Share this job with friends and relativesSorry, Applications have been closed.
Related Jobs in Zimbabwe
Management Accountant Full time
Stores and Procurement Controller Full time
Assistant Accountant/Debtors Controller Full time
External Evaluator Full time
Director Finance, Human Resources and Administration Full time