Civil Engineering Technician
- Full time
- @Work In Zimbabwe posted 1 week ago
- Posted : 29 May 2023 -Accepting applications
Career Level Qualified / Experienced
What we do Construction / Engineering
Qualifications Diploma level
A local company in the construction and engineering sector is looking for an experienced, driven civil engineer with a wealth of industry knowledge.
To ensure success, the ideal candidate should be comfortable splitting their hours between the office, on-site visits, and attending council meetings.
The civil engineer should be a critical thinker and have sound subject knowledge of mathematics and physics to identify and solve engineering problems. You must also possess a certain level of creativity in order to present innovative solutions and improvements to technical processes.
The successful candidate will be able to effectively communicate ideas, make recommendations, and negotiate project details with their team, subcontractors, and clients.
Civil Engineering Technician Responsibilities:
- Structural Designing (mainly steel and concrete)
- Construction supervision
- Working in conjunction with the design team
- Developing detailed designs.
- Doing feasibility assessments and site inspections.
- Preparing and implementing project plans.
- Researching and providing estimates for projects.
- Reviewing government regulations and ordinances.
- Monitoring and optimizing safety procedures, production processes, and regulatory compliance.
- Making recommendations or presenting alternative solutions to problems.
- Confidently liaising with clients and other professional subcontractors.
- Project management duties (e.g. managing budgets, resources, and deadlines; acquiring and compiling quotes, etc.).
Civil Engineering Technician Requirements:
- Diploma in Civil Engineering
- HND in Civil Engineering is an added advantage
- Familiarity with design software, such as Autodesk, AutoCAD Civil 3D, and MicroStation.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, with a high level of accuracy in calculations and design.
Applicants should send their CVs, certified copies of qualifications, experience and expected salary on or before 4 June 2023.
Share this job with friends and relativesSorry, Applications have been closed.
Related Jobs in Zimbabwe
Technical Director Full time
Graduate Trainee: Process Chemist Internship
Draftsman Full time
Instrumentation And Control Technician Full time
Motor Mechanic Full time