Chief Mine Planning Engineer
- Full time
- @The Gem posted 2 weeks ago
- Posted : 24 May 2023 -Accepting applications
- Salary: $5,000.00 - $8,000.00 / Month
Career Level Supervisor / Manager
Experience 10 Years +
What we do Mining / Metals & Geology
Qualifications Bachelors Degree
Our client in the platinum mining industry is looking for a Mechanical Supervisor to join their team.
The Chief Mine Planning Engineer will be responsible for overseeing the mine planning function, ensuring compliance with all safety and quality standards, and managing staff to ensure efficient and effective planning.
The ideal candidate should have a Mining Engineering degree, at least 10 years of experience in open pit operations in a senior planning role, as well as excellent communication and leadership skills.
A hefty monthly salary of US$5,000 to US$8,000 is on offer to reward the successful candidate!
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement mine plans, schedules, and budgets, and ensure that they are aligned with the company’s strategic objectives
- Ensure compliance with all safety and quality standards, and implement corrective actions as required
- Manage staff to ensure efficient and effective mine planning, and provide training and support as required
- Monitor and analyze mine production data, and develop reports and recommendations for management
- Develop and maintain relationships with stakeholders, including customers, suppliers, and regulatory agencies
- Implement and maintain records and information systems, and ensure confidentiality and security of information
- Develop and maintain the departmental budget, and ensure efficient use of resources
- Participate in internal and external audits, and provide support for compliance and risk management initiatives
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and best practices related to mine planning in the mining industry, and incorporate them into the mine planning process as appropriate
- Oversee the preparation of short-term and long-term mine plans, and ensure that they are technically sound, feasible, and optimized
- Develop and maintain mine operating standards, guidelines, and procedures, and ensure their effective implementation in the mine planning process
- Conduct feasibility studies and cost analyses for mine expansions, and provide recommendations to management
- Develop and maintain mine resource models, and provide guidance on mine development and design
- Manage and oversee the procurement of mine planning software and equipment, and ensure that they are fit for purpose and meet the company’s requirements
- Develop and implement training programs for mine planning staff, and ensure their ongoing professional development
- Perform any other related duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Mining Engineering
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in open pit operations in a senior planning role
- Strong knowledge of mine planning strategies, mine design, and regulatory requirements
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact with diverse groups of people
- Strong leadership and management skills, with the ability to motivate and manage staff effectively
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to analyze data and makedata-driven decisions
Sorry, Applications have been closed.
Share this job with friends and relatives
Related Jobs in Zimbabwe
Technical Director Full time
Mining Projects Engineer Full time
Mining Technical Assistant Temporary
Graduate Trainee: Process Chemist Internship
Draftsman Full time