Chief Investment Officer
- Full time
- @HeadHunters International posted 1 month ago
- Posted : 15 January 2024 -Accepting applications
Career Level Director / Executive
Experience 7 Years
What we do Accounting / Banking & FinanceGovernment & Parastatals
Qualifications Masters DegreeProfessional Qualification
Our client, Mutapa Investment Fund, established under the Sovereign Wealth Fund Act, is a leading investment fund operating in Zimbabwe. They are committed to driving growth, fostering innovation, and creating sustainable value across various sectors.
As a trusted investment partner, Mutapa Investment Fund leverages their expertise to identify and capitalize on strategic opportunities, contributing to the development of thriving businesses and economies.
Mutapa Investment Fund is looking for an accomplished Chief Investment Officer to join their dynamic team. The Chief Investment Officer will be responsible for formulating and implementing investment strategies aligned with their objectives and risk appetite.
With a focus on assessing investment feasibility and potential returns, the Chief Investment Officer will collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to evaluate and negotiate investment deals. This role presents an exciting opportunity to lead and shape the investment portfolio while driving financial success. Remuneration, allowances, and other incentives will be provided based on experience and qualifications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Formulate and implement investment strategies and policies that align with the Fund’s objectives and risk appetite.
- Develop financial models and perform valuation analysis to assess investment feasibility and potential returns.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to evaluate and negotiate investment deals.
- Prepare and present investment proposals and reports to the Board for approval.
- Ensure compliance with investment guidelines, policies, and regulatory requirements.
- Supervise risk management across the Fund’s portfolios and implement risk management frameworks and tools.
- Prepare risk reports and provide recommendations to the Board and senior management.
- Regularly review and update risk management policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with legal and compliance teams to ensure adherence to regulatory requirements.
- Promote effective communication and collaboration among team members and other departments.
- Work with marketing and communications teams to develop effective stakeholder communication materials.
- Conduct internal audits and risk assessments to identify compliance gaps and implement corrective actions.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant laws, regulations, and internal policies.
- Provide training and guidance to the investment team on compliance matters.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with investors, government officials, and business partners.
- Conduct regular performance evaluations and provide constructive feedback.
- Ensure adherence to sound investment policies.
- Manage and develop financial analysts and investment professionals.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Finance, Economics, Business Administration, or a related field.
- Professional Qualifications: Certification as a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) or similar qualification.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in Investment management, with at least 5 years in a senior leadership role.
- Excellent leadership skills.
To apply for this position, please submit your CV and application no later than 28 January 2024.
Share this job with friends and relativesSorry, Applications have been closed.