Chief Finance Officer (CFO)
- Full time
- @Work In Zimbabwe posted 2 weeks ago
- Posted : 8 February 2024 -Accepting applications
Career Level Director / Executive
Experience 7 Years
What we do Retail / FMCG & Wholesale
Qualifications Bachelors DegreeProfessional Qualification
A local company in the FMCG industry, dedicated to providing high-quality products and services to customers nationwide, is looking for a highly skilled and experienced Chief Finance Officer to join their dynamic team.
With a strong presence in the market, the company has established itself as a trusted brand known for its commitment to excellence and innovation.
As the Chief Finance Officer, you will play a crucial role in managing and overseeing the financial operations of the company, ensuring strategic financial planning, and driving profitability. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the growth and success of a well-established company in the FMCG industry.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct and control the Company’s Finance, Operational, and administrative functions.
- Develop and implement sound financial strategies aligned with the Company’s strategic plans and objectives.
- Provide regular, accurate, and insightful financial advice and information to the Board, CEO, and Management.
- Formulate and execute short- and long-term financial strategies, policies, and plans.
- Identify innovative ways to increase revenue and reduce costs, thereby enhancing profitability.
- Prepare the budget framework for the organization bi-annually and annually, in line with the Board and CEO’s strategy.
- Ensure timely and accurate financial reporting.
- Maintain compliance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) in all accounting and reporting activities.
- Establish and enforce effective internal financial controls.
- Ensure the availability of sufficient funds to meet operational and capital investment requirements.
- Develop and implement risk mitigation measures to safeguard the organization’s financial stability.
- Devise strategies and plans to optimize cash flows and manage liquidity effectively.
- Coordinate the year-end process, liaising with external auditors and supporting the Board Audit Committee.
- Implement competitive remuneration strategies to attract and retain top talent.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A degree in Accounting or a related field.
- Qualified CA or full member of ACCA/CIMA.
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience in the financial or FMCG industry.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to inspire and motivate teams.
- High Emotional Intelligence (EQ) to effectively manage relationships and navigate complex financial scenarios.
- Self-motivated individual with a track record of maintaining high professional standards.
- Business-minded and strategic thinker with unwavering integrity.
If you meet the above qualifications and are interested in this challenging role, please submit your application letter and curriculum vitae
Share this job with friends and relativesSorry, Applications have been closed.