- Full time
- @Croco Motors posted 1 month ago
- Posted : 27 October 2023 -Accepting applications
Career Level Qualified / Experienced
Experience 4 Years
What we do Automotive & Car Accessories
Qualifications Bachelors DegreeProfessional Qualification
Croco Motors is a prominent automotive company operating within the Croco Group of Companies. With a strong presence in the industry, we are committed to providing exceptional services and maintaining high standards of financial management.
We are currently seeking a qualified Chief Accountant to join our team and contribute to the efficient financial operations of the organization.
As a Chief Accountant, you will be responsible for consolidating group results, reviewing management accounts, ensuring adherence to financial policies, supervising cash flow forecasts, and maintaining effective accounting systems.
Your role will involve financial reporting, ensuring compliance with statutory requirements, and providing accurate financial information to support decision-making processes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Consolidate group results and submit management accounts to the Head Office on a monthly basis.
- Review management accounts submitted by group companies and/or branches every month.
- Ensure timely receipt and posting of invoices for purchased vehicles.
- Reconcile major accounts and cash books.
- Ensure compliance with the Group’s financial policy across all branches and group companies.
- Direct reconciliation of intercompany balances and facilitate monthly settlements.
- Ensure timely receipt of VAT reports from branch Accountants and verify payment completion.
- Supervise Group Accountants in submitting cash flow forecasts and determine the Group’s weekly cash position to advise management.
- Check banking summaries and ensure completion of treasury banking procedures.
- Collaborate with the Group Credit Controller on collection efforts and credit policy.
- Perform project cost forecasts/budgets, cost tracking, monitoring, and controls for the Group.
- Develop and maintain internal controls and effective accounting systems and policies.
- Prepare financial statements and other reports to summarize and interpret the company’s current and projected financial position.
- Ensure integrity of all financial information.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree in Accounting or Business Finance, ACCA or CIMA, or any equivalent qualification.
- 4 years of experience in the accounting field, preferably with articles.
- 2 years of experience in preparing management accounts.
- Highly experienced in handling statutory returns (VAT, QPDs, withholding tax & PAYE).
- Familiarity with Pinnacle, Pastel Accounting Package, Excel, and Word.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
Share this job with friends and relativesSorry, Applications have been closed.