- @OPHID posted 2 weeks ago
- Posted : 8 February 2024 -Accepting applications
Career Level Qualified / Experienced
Experience 5 Years
What we do NGO / NPO & CharityHealth / Medical services
Qualifications O-Level / A-LevelRegistered / Valid License
OPHID is a leading Zimbabwean organization dedicated to developing and implementing innovative approaches and strategies to strengthen the provision of quality HIV prevention, care, and support services.
With a strong focus on making a positive impact on individuals and communities, OPHID is committed to improving healthcare delivery and ensuring the well-being of those affected by HIV.
OPHID is seeking a reliable Casual Driver to join our central office team. As a Casual Driver, you will play a vital role in providing driving support to our organization. Reporting to the Transport Officer, you will ensure the safe transportation of staff and maintain the cleanliness of our vehicles, reflecting the professional image of OPHID.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a supportive team and contribute to the smooth operations of our organization. Remuneration and allowances will be provided.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Safely drive OPHID vehicles in accordance with OPHID policies, the Road Traffic Act of Zimbabwe, and other applicable rules and regulations.
- Maintain the cleanliness of OPHID vehicles to ensure a hospitable environment for passengers and uphold the organization’s image.
- Perform daily checks on vehicles as per the OPHID Transport Policy to ensure roadworthiness and prevent disruptions to business activities due to preventable faults.
- Advise the designated supervisor about vehicle servicing schedules to minimize activity disruptions caused by preventable faults.
- Run errands as instructed by the designated supervisor and other senior officers, ensuring timely and efficient completion.
- Conduct vehicle handover checks when vehicles are exchanged and promptly report any noted anomalies.
- Compile monthly fuel return forms accurately.
- Update the logbook after every trip, recording relevant information such as mileage, destinations, and incidents.
- List all vehicle defects before submitting them for service to ensure comprehensive repairs.
- Ensure compliance with OPHID Policies and Procedures and the Road Traffic Act guidelines in the event of an accident.
- Assist with office duties such as photocopying, scanning, and filing as required.
- Carry out any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum of 5 ‘O’ levels, including English.
- Administrative qualifications would be an added advantage.
- Possess a clean Class 4 driver’s license with a Defensive Driving Certificate.
- The ability to communicate in local languages (Ndebele and Shona) in the respective areas will be a strong requirement.
- At least 5 years of work experience in a similar position.
- Proficiency in common desktop software (MS Word, Excel, Outlook) is essential.
Step 2: After completing the form in Step 1, now click on the “Apply for this job” button on this page to Submit your CV, application letter and certificates.
OPHID and its Consortium partners are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant based on race, political affiliation, religion, tribe, national origin, gender, physical or mental disability, health status (including HIV status) or age.
OPHID does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, technical test, oral interviews, processing, training, or any other fees).
NB. Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to. (If you do not receive any communication within a month from the date of closing, consider your application unsuccessful).
Share this job with friends and relativesSorry, Applications have been closed.