- Full time
- @Allied Timbers Zimbabwe posted 2 weeks ago
- Posted : 6 February 2024 -Accepting applications
Career Level Qualified / Experienced
Experience 1 Year
What we do Agriculture / Farming & ForestryManufacturing & Warehousing
Qualifications Diploma level
Allied Timbers Zimbabwe (Private) Limited is the largest timber resource base in Zimbabwe, providing high-quality and durable timber-based solutions for industrial, domestic, and end-user markets.
With extensive local and international operations, our company is committed to cultivating a positive company image and reputation across all stakeholders and business partners. We prioritize engaging with high-level stakeholders, including government bodies, regulators, and other key players in the industry. At Allied Timbers Zimbabwe, we value sustainability, innovation, and community empowerment.
Allied Timbers Zimbabwe (Private) Limited is looking for a dynamic and experienced Cashier to join our team. As a Cashier, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the accurate and efficient handling of cash transactions within the company.
You will be responsible for maintaining financial records, processing payments, and providing excellent customer service. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the financial operations of our organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that daily cash sales are accurately recorded and banked intact, accompanied by all necessary supporting documentation.
- Manage and reconcile cash inflows and outflows, ensuring that all transactions are properly accounted for and reported in a timely manner.
- Compile daily reports on cash and bank balances, consolidating funding requests to identify any funding gaps.
- Accurately capture payments into online payment platforms, ensuring no errors before seeking approval and taking necessary action.
- Maintain organized filing systems for all payment records, ensuring clear audit trails.
- Verify and retain adequate supporting documentation for all payments made, withholding tax from non-compliant suppliers.
- Act as the point of contact for banks regarding any transactional queries.
- Provide excellent customer service, assisting customers with cash-related inquiries and resolving any issues or discrepancies.
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure smooth cash handling processes and accurate financial reporting.
- Stay updated on relevant financial regulations and best practices to ensure compliance and efficiency.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Diploma in Accounting or equivalent.
- Degree in Accounting or Finance, studying towards a professional qualification such as ACCA or CIMA will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of one year of relevant experience.
- Exposure to a manufacturing environment and knowledge of treasury functions will be advantageous.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Excellent ICT skills.
- In-depth knowledge of ERP systems.
- Strong analytical abilities.
Interested candidates meeting the above specifications and qualifications should apply in writing, attaching detailed resumes and providing three traceable referees to The Human Resources Executive by 16th February 2024.
Share this job with friends and relativesSorry, Applications have been closed.