- Full time
- @Work In Zimbabwe posted 1 week ago
- Posted : 17 March 2023 -Accepting applications
Career Level Qualified / Experienced
Experience 2 Years
What we do Construction / Engineering
Qualifications Certificate level
A local construction company is looking for two skilled Bricklayers to be responsible for constructing brickwork for buildings. The Bricklayers must be able to read and analyze building plans, check specifications, determine the most accurate layout, and mark guidelines. You should also be able to mix cement, sand, clay, and water correctly to obtain an acceptable consistency.
To be successful as a Builder, you should be detail-oriented and display the necessary knowledge and skill to build walls, houses or other building structures. Ultimately, a top-notch Bricklayer should maintain a high standard of workmanship with safety and precision. The building, when completed, must be admired and appreciated as the work of a craftsman.
- Analyzing and interpreting building plans.
- Interpreting work orders and determining the materials required.
- Measuring distance from reference points.
- Calculating angles and determining the vertical and horizontal alignment of courses.
- Laying bricks using mortar as a binder and a trowel to level.
- Fastening bricks with wire clamps or cement.
- Working safely on scaffolds and swing stages at various heights.
- Using equipment and tools effectively to perform basic construction tasks.
- A valid certificate in building and construction from a reputable institution is preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of industry experience on a construction site.
- Knowledge of materials, methods and the tools involved in bricklaying and the construction of buildings.
- Problem-solving ability.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
Related Jobs in Zimbabwe
Senior Technical Officer Full time
Graduate Trainees Recruitment Internship
Civil Engineering Technician Full time
District Planner Full time
Opex Manager Full time