Assistant Company Secretary
- Full time
- @Potraz posted 1 week ago
- Posted : 12 February 2024 -Accepting applications
Career Level Qualified / Experienced
Experience 3 Years
What we do Computers & IT & Telecoms
Qualifications Bachelors DegreeRegistered / Valid License
POTRAZ is a leading regulatory authority in Zimbabwe’s telecommunications sector. Established with the aim of promoting the development and efficient use of telecommunications services, POTRAZ plays a crucial role in ensuring compliance and fostering corporate governance within the industry.
POTRAZ is looking for a highly skilled and dedicated Assistant Company Secretary to join the organization’s dynamic team. As an Assistant Company Secretary, you will work closely with the Company Secretary to enhance corporate governance practices within POTRAZ.
You will also provide essential secretarial services to the Board of Directors and Executive Committee. This role offers an exciting opportunity to contribute to the strategic objectives of the organization while ensuring compliance and effectiveness.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Formulate and present departmental long and short-term strategy plans aligned with the broader objectives of POTRAZ.
- Monitor adherence to established policies, procedures, limits, and corporate governance best practices.
- Schedule Board and Board Committee Meetings, ensuring effective coordination and timely execution.
- Advise the Board of Directors and the Authority’s Management on Corporate Governance matters, ensuring compliance within the organization.
- Handle all aspects of Board meetings, including calling for meetings, compiling Board packs, and other related tasks.
- Take accurate minutes during Board meetings and Executive Committee meetings, ensuring timely circulation to relevant personnel.
- Maintain comprehensive records of minutes and resolutions for future reference.
- Coordinate induction and ongoing training programs for Directors, ensuring their preparedness and continuous professional development.
- Facilitate Board performance evaluation processes to enhance effectiveness and accountability.
- Ensure the corporate governance framework of the organization is robust and up-to-date.
- Undertake any other duties assigned to the Company Secretary’s office to support the smooth functioning of the organization.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor of Laws Honours Degree (LLBS) is required.
- Must be a registered legal practitioner in Zimbabwe.
- Possess a minimum of 3-4 years of working experience in the corporate sector.
- Hold a clean class 4 Driver’s licence, with a Defensive driving certificate considered an advantage.
Competencies and Skills:
- Demonstrated technical and professional expertise in corporate governance and legal matters.
- Results-oriented approach, with a focus on achieving organizational objectives.
- Strong analytical thinking skills to assess and address complex governance issues.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team, fostering collaboration and cooperation.
- Uphold the highest standards of integrity, honesty, and ethical conduct.
- Ensure confidentiality in handling sensitive information.
- Proficient in computer literacy and relevant software applications.
To apply for this position, please submit a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) including the following information in a single PDF file:
- Full Name (Surname first).
- Position applied for.
- Copies of academic and/or professional certificates.
All applications should be submitted to the Director General on or before 14 February 2024.
Share this job with friends and relativesSorry, Applications have been closed.