Assistant Bursar: Payables – Midlands State University
- Full time
- @Midlands State University (MSU) posted 3 weeks ago
- Posted : 10 March 2023 -Accepting applications
Career Level Qualified / Experienced
Experience 2 Years
What we do Education / Teaching & Training
Qualifications Bachelors Degree
We are looking for an Assistant Bursar: Payables to assist in running the day-to-day operation of our university and managing accounts payable.
The Assistant Bursar: Payables responsibilities include maintaining accurate records regarding payments to suppliers, processing payments from clients, and training staff members.
To succeed as an Assistant Bursar: Payables, you should be focused on optimizing department processes and building lasting relationships with others within and outside of the institution. You should be knowledgeable, analytical, and decisive with excellent leadership and communication skills.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITY
- Ensuring an efficient creditors management system through:
- Ensuring that the amount of trade creditors in the financial statements reflects the true and accurate position of all obligations relating to trade creditors to avoid misrepresentation of financial statements.
- Checking osf supplier reconciliation to ensure accuracy and existence of transactions to avoid over and under-payment of creditors
- Ensuring that matters arising during supplier reconciliations are addressed accurately and timeously
- Checking validity and completeness of payment vouchers and supporting documentation before payments are made
- Checking for authorisation and accuracy of Pastel batches, RTGs, TTs, and cash withdrawal slips before they are processed
- Ensuring timely and accurate updating of invoices and payments into the system to meet deadlines for cut-off.
- Ensuring that the cash register is maintained properly and that cash reconciliations are done accurately and timeously to safeguard the institution’s assets.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree in Accounting
- Masters in Accounting will be an added advantage
- Knowledge of Sage Evolution
- At least two (2) years working in an accounting environment.
Applicants must submit copies of applications with the following: application letter, certified certificates and curriculum vitae giving full details of names, place and date of birth, experience, present salary, date of availability, contact telephone number (s) and names and email addresses of three referees.
Midlands State University is an equal opportunities employer. In the interest of promoting gender parity, female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Share this job with friends and relativesSorry, Applications have been closed.
Related Jobs in Zimbabwe
Microfinance Officer – Mutare Full time
Dispensary Assistant – Chitungwiza Full time
ICT Support Officer – Bulawayo Full time
Debtors Clerk Part time
Accounts Clerk Full time