Assistant Bursar: Non-Current Assets – Midlands State University
- Full time
- @Midlands State University (MSU) posted 3 weeks ago
- Posted : 10 March 2023 -Accepting applications
Career Level Qualified / Experienced
Experience 2 Years
What we do Education / Teaching & Training
Qualifications Bachelors Degree
We are looking for a results-driven Assistant Bursar: Non-Current Assets to help us by providing recommendations on asset acquisition and managing a portfolio of non-current assets, increasing their value, and minimizing risks. The Assistant Bursar: Non-Current Assets will be tasked with conducting risk analyses, preparing financial, asset management, and investment reports, reviewing policies, and developing strategies to maximize asset growth.
To be successful as an Assistant Bursar: Non-Current Assets you should be strategically minded with strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Ultimately, an outstanding Assistant Bursar: Non-Current Assets should have a strong financial background, excellent organizational skills, and be a formidable negotiator.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITY
- Management of non current assets register
- Recommend any updates to accounting policies affecting non current assets to management
- Allocate tag numbers to non current assets to effectively track them from time to time.
- Reconciling the balance in the non current asset subsidiary ledger to the summary-level account in the general ledger.
- Calculating depreciation for all non current assets.
- Review and update the detailed schedule of non current assets and accumulated depreciation..
- Processing livestock Reconciliation Account.
- Conducting periodic physical count of assets.
- Recommend to management assets that should be disposed of.
- Conduct analyses related to non current assets as requested by management.
- Create fixed asset related audit schedules and collaborate with auditors on their assignments audit schedules
- Assisting management in making decision that involves non-current assets.
- Maintenance of deferred income schedules and and monthly amortisation.
- Supervising non-current assets staff.
- Performing any other duties as assigned by management
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree in Accounting
- Masters in Accounting will be an added advantage
- Knowledge of Sage Evolution
- At least two (2) years working in an accounting environment.
Applicants must submit copies of applications with the following: application letter, certified certificates and curriculum vitae giving full details of names, place and date of birth, experience, present salary, date of availability, contact telephone number (s) and names and email addresses of three referees.
Midlands State University is an equal opportunities employer. In the interest of promoting gender parity, female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Share this job with friends and relativesSorry, Applications have been closed.
Related Jobs in Zimbabwe
Microfinance Officer – Mutare Full time
Dispensary Assistant – Chitungwiza Full time
ICT Support Officer – Bulawayo Full time
Debtors Clerk Part time
Accounts Clerk Full time