Assistant Accountants X2
- Full time
- @Lupane State University (LSU) posted 13 hours ago
- Posted : 19 September 2023 -Accepting applications
Career Level Qualified / Experienced
Experience 3 Years
What we do Education / Teaching & Training
Qualifications Bachelors Degree
Lupane State University has served northwest Zimbabwe’s educational needs since 2014. As the region’s largest public institution of higher learning, LSU impacts over 5,000 students annually through diverse academic programs and research.
Lupane State University seeks two skilled Assistant Accountants to support the Finance team. Reporting to the Principal Accountant, the successful candidates will handle accounting operations and projects.
These roles offer skilled accountants the opportunity to take on additional responsibilities within a growing finance department in Zimbabwe’s education sector.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide accounting advice and evaluate financial projections for projects
- Maintain accurate asset registers and calculate depreciation accordingly
- Construct accounting records for capital works and assign correct codes
- Process cash books, bank reconciliations and journals methodically
- Assist with audit queries, variance analysis and statutory reporting
- Continuously develop skills through on-job and external training
Qualifications and Experience:
- BCom Honours Degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent
- Three years post-qualification accounting experience
- Experience with Pastel and/or Paywell accounting packages preferred
- Proficiency in GAAP, Excel and accounting/financial management
- Exceptional attention to detail and record-keeping abilities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Interested and qualified persons should send one set of their applications in a single PDF file. The application should consist of the application letter and curriculum vitae giving full personal details including full names, place and date of birth, qualifications, experience, present salary, date of availability, names, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of at least three referees, certified copies of educational and professional certificates, birth certificate and National Identity Card.
Share this job with friends and relativesLogin to Apply