- Full time
- @United Refineries Limited (URL) posted 3 weeks ago
- Posted : 28 January 2024 -Accepting applications
Career Level Qualified / Experienced
Experience 2 Years
What we do Manufacturing & WarehousingRetail / FMCG & Wholesale
Qualifications Bachelors DegreeProfessional Qualification
United Refineries Limited (URL) is a reputable personal care and agro-commodities manufacturer based in Bulawayo, Zimbabwe. With a rich history dating back to 1946, URL has consistently been at the forefront of the industry, delivering high-quality products and contributing to the local economy. As a leader in its sector, URL offers a dynamic and inclusive work environment that fosters growth and innovation.
United Refineries Limited is seeking a detail-oriented Assistant Accountant to join its dedicated team. As an Assistant Accountant, you will work closely with the Accountant to ensure the timely production of financial reports by accurately recording accounting transactions.
This role presents an exciting opportunity to contribute to the financial success of the organization and gain valuable experience in the fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) industry.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the preparation of SBU (Strategic Business Unit) management accounts.
- Reconcile general ledger accounts and control accounts.
- Perform the reconciliation of intercompany transactions.
- Maintain and update financial records with accuracy and completeness.
- Assist in financial analysis and reporting, highlighting any discrepancies or abnormalities.
- Collaborate with the Accountant to ensure compliance with accounting standards and procedures.
- Support the month-end and year-end closing processes.
- Assist with budgeting and forecasting activities.
- Provide assistance during internal and external audits.
- Contribute to process improvements and efficiency enhancements within the finance department.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Hold a degree in Accounting, ACCA, or an equivalent qualification.
- Possess a minimum of two years of job experience in a similar position, preferably within the FMCG sector.
- Demonstrate familiarity with accounting standards, procedures, and principles.
- Exhibit the ability to work independently, under pressure, with meticulous attention to detail and accuracy.
- Possess excellent time management and organizational abilities.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications and detailed CVs. The application deadline is 28th January 2024.
Share this job with friends and relativesSorry, Applications have been closed.