Admissions Officers X3
- Full time
- @Avenues Clinic posted 2 months ago
- Posted : 5 January 2024 -Accepting applications
Career Level Qualified / Experienced
Experience 1 Year
What we do Health / Medical services
Qualifications Certificate levelDiploma level
The Avenues Clinic is a Grade A multidisciplinary hospital located at Corner Baines and Josiah Chinamano Avenue in Harare, Zimbabwe. Established in 1983, it is the flagship facility for the MIL group. With a total of 176 beds,
The Avenues Clinic offers a comprehensive range of specialist services, outstanding nursing care, and a patient-centric approach. The hospital serves as a one-stop medical hub, providing theatre facilities, critical care units, an Accident and Emergency unit, surgical and medical wards, maternity facilities, and a pediatric unit.
The Avenues Clinic is looking for three detail-oriented Admissions Officers to join their dynamic team. As an Admissions Officer, you will play a crucial role in facilitating the admission process and assisting clients in accessing the medical services they require.
Your responsibilities will include assessing patient conditions upon admission, managing bookings, verifying deposit requirements, coordinating with medical aid funders, and ensuring accurate completion of admission forms. Excellent interpersonal skills, computer proficiency, and a focus on delivering exceptional patient experiences are essential for this role.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive and assist clients as per requirements, ensuring a smooth admission process.
- Assess patient condition upon admission in adherence to triaging requirements.
- Receive and schedule bookings from doctors’ rooms and other medical institutions, recording them on the admissions list.
- Attend to in-person and telephone inquiries, providing accurate and helpful information.
- Verify deposit amounts required for procedures/diagnoses and inform clients accordingly.
- Verify member benefits for patients funded by medical funders, pre-notifying the medical aid funder for admitted patients.
- Check the Health 263 system for active membership status for casualty patients, inform members of any financial gaps, and process biometric verification where applicable.
- Ensure admissions/casualty forms are correctly completed by clients, receiving payments, and issuing receipts for all payments received.
- Capture patient details, post payments, and generate hospital numbers in the Trimed System.
- Receipt payments in manual receipt books for doctors and old Trimed bills.
- Print shift audits in the Trimed System at the end of each shift.
- Reconcile and complete banking forms at the end of each shift.
- Receive notifications from ambulance crews regarding incoming patients and prepare accordingly.
- Capture and update patient information in the computer system for network usage.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Diploma in General Registered Nursing/Primary Care Nurse Certificate is a must.
- Minimum of 5 “O” Levels, including English and Mathematics.
- Qualification in Accounting or Public Relations is an added advantage.
- Good interpersonal skills with a focus on delivering excellent patient experiences.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- Mature candidates are encouraged to apply.
Remuneration and Benefits:
Competitive salary, medical aid, and pension plan.
If you meet the stipulated requirements, kindly submit your application, together with proof of qualifications and experience.
Share this job with friends and relativesSorry, Applications have been closed.