Accountant: Head Office
- Full time
- @National Museums And Monuments Of Zimbabwe posted 4 weeks ago
- Posted : 7 February 2024 -Accepting applications
Career Level Qualified / Experienced
Experience 5 Years
What we do Other professional servicesGovernment & Parastatals
Qualifications Bachelors DegreeProfessional Qualification
National Museums and Monuments of Zimbabwe (NMMZ) is a renowned organization dedicated to preserving and promoting Zimbabwe’s rich cultural heritage.
With a legacy spanning several decades, NMMZ plays a pivotal role in safeguarding the nation’s historical artifacts, archaeological sites, and natural wonders. As one of the leading institutions in the country, NMMZ offers a dynamic and rewarding environment for professionals passionate about preserving Zimbabwe’s cultural legacy.
NMMZ is looking for a meticulous and experienced Accountant to join the Head Office team in Harare. This is an excellent opportunity for a finance professional to contribute to the preservation of Zimbabwe’s cultural heritage while utilizing their expertise in accounting.
As an integral part of the finance department, the Accountant will be responsible for ensuring the efficient management of financial affairs in accordance with internal policies, as well as adhering to the Public Finance Management Act, International Financial Reporting Standards, and International Public Sector Accounting Standards.
- Assisting in the preparation of Annual Financial Statements.
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly management accounts.
- Participating in the preparation of annual budgets.
- Managing accounts receivables and accounts payables.
- Coordinating and ensuring the completion of annual financial audits.
- Maintaining a comprehensive asset register.
- Performing cash management duties.
- Conducting project appraisals and providing financial analysis.
- Ensuring accuracy and attention to detail in financial records.
- Implementing and recommending internal control systems to management.
- Supervising subordinates and providing guidance in financial matters.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A recognized Honours Degree in Accounting or equivalent.
- A professional qualification such as full CIMA/ACCA or CGI or equivalent is essential.
- At least 5 years of working experience in accounting at a senior officer level, with a minimum of 3 years in the public sector.
- Proficiency in Sage Evolution and Microsoft Excel.
- Sound financial analysis and reporting skills.
- Budgeting and budgetary control expertise.
- Strong cash management abilities.
- Knowledge and competency in accounting principles.
- Excellent time management and critical reasoning abilities.
- Experience in maintaining cashbooks, ledgers, and producing bank reconciliations.
- Familiarity with maintaining investment schedules.
Interested candidates who meet the above specifications should submit their applications supported by an updated Curriculum Vitae, academic and professional certificates merged into a single PDF file. Please send the application no later than Tuesday, 13th February 2024 to the Acting Executive Director.
Share this job with friends and relativesSorry, Applications have been closed.