- Full time
- @Chengetedzai Depository Company posted 4 weeks ago
- Posted : 5 February 2024 -Accepting applications
Career Level Qualified / Experienced
Experience 3 Years
What we do Accounting / Banking & Finance
Qualifications Bachelors Degree
Chengetedzai Depository Company Limited is a limited liability company incorporated in terms of the laws of Zimbabwe. Our company was formed to establish and operate a central securities depository for the Zimbabwe securities industry.
We pride ourselves on being at the forefront of financial services, and providing innovative solutions to our clients. Chengetedzai Depository Company is looking for a detail-oriented and highly motivated Accountant to join our dynamic team.
As an Accountant, you will be responsible for financial reporting, budgeting, costing, administrative duties, and ensuring compliance with statutory and regulatory bodies. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to our company’s financial success and be part of a vibrant team.
- Prepare monthly management accounts and draft financial reports for audit purposes.
- Generate weekly treasury reports and maintain accurate accounting entries.
- Track investments made by the company and provide recommendations to management for decision making.
- Ensure consistent reconciliation of accounts and manage ledger accounts effectively.
- Compile board reports to facilitate strategic decision making.
- Develop and prepare budgets, monitoring departmental costs to adhere to predefined budgets.
- Investigate variances against budgets and provide insightful analysis of differences.
- Administer the company’s procurement processes (non-IT) and manage payments to suppliers.
- Ensure compliance with statutory and regulatory bodies such as NSSA and ZIMRA.
- Follow up on debtors and collect information on expected revenue to ensure accuracy.
- Maintain internal controls and ensure adherence to policies and procedures.
- Take responsibility for the performance of staff under your jurisdiction.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree in Accounting.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience.
- Proficiency in using accounting packages.
- Working towards or possessing a full professional qualification in ACCA, CIS, or CIMA will be an added advantage.
If you are a motivated individual with a strong passion for finance and accounting, please submit your CV by the 6th of February 2024.
Share this job with friends and relativesSorry, Applications have been closed.