About Walter Huruva
Highest Qualification Bachelor's Degree
I am a banker with over 4 years experience, working as a credit and customer service officer. I was once employed with FBC holdings and to date i am with Empowerbank Limited.
2020 - 2023
Digital Frontiers Institute
Certificate in Digital Money
I have passed a certificate in digital money with Digital Frontiers Institute of South Africa
2013 - 2023
Bindura University of Science and Tecnology
Bachelor Of Business Studies Degree in Banking and Finance
I have passed the Bachelor's degree majoring in Banking and Finance
2022 - Present
Credit & Customer Service Officer
• Successfully improved the turn around time from 2 weeks to 1 week for all project loans through on time loan assessment, processing and disbursement in the system.
• Managed NPL ratio from 20% to 5 % within the first 6 months of my employment with the bank, this was achieved through strict credit selection process, thorough following up of arrears and in some instances initiating legal processes for overdue accounts
• Participated in outreach events in Masvingo Province and successfully increased the number of accounts and deposit by 30% for the year 2022.
• Efficiently turned over tables and managed to meet loan disbursement target for the first time during the first quarter of the year 2023
• Successfully surpasssed the yearly target of fincial literacy training in the first quarter by 5% , this was done through mobilizing people, extensive interaction through social media and zoom trainings
• Leading the process of agent identification at the branch and training of the same to equip them with the knowledge of all bank product, managed to meet the target of 1 agent per each district.
• Fostered an inclusive environment and managed to reduce customer complaints during the first 3 months of employment
• Undertaking the generation of monthly accounting reports, and making sure they are produced 2 weeks prior deadline
2018 - 2022
Credit & Customer Service Officer
• Taking on the appraisal and analysis of individual credit applications and providing proper recommendations in compliance with the Group policies and procedures
• Headed a team which initiated the idea of coming up with an integrated on field loan processing application which was used for loan application, this successfully increased the loan book of various FBC holdings branches.
• Analysis of the borrower KYCs documents, reviewing personal credit bereau reports to determine the risk associated with the facility and verification of the existence and accuracy of the documents for the specified credit facility.
• Overseeing portfolio management, loan restructuring, and thorough following up of bad debtors with the aim of mentaining NPL ratio within set targets
• Successfully managed the branch costs to stay within 10% of the revenues, this included business development and stationery expenses
• Resolved 10+ customer queries per day with 95% success rate
• Collaborated with 2+ new ICT partners in the organisation, this initiative successfully increased the SSB book by over 50%.
• Managed training and onboarding of new employees that is loan clerks and loans officers.
• Responding to client requests via calls, email and social media
• Processing Microplan Instant cards and registering them on mobile moola for easy disbursement of loans
• Providing bank statements to FBC Bank customers through the use of BIP system and recording all the clients attended to for reporting to superior managers
• Attending to client queries (FBC bank and Microplan clients) and ensuring all complaints are solved within the stipulated time period.
• Marketing of Microplan Financial services loans, FBC Bank products which includes FBC mastercard and Insurance
• Data collection pertaining the market (market intelligence) to ensure competitive pricing of the products.
• Assisting clients with their mobile moola accounts, providing pin re-issue services to blocked cards and linking their accounts with Ecocash