About Bright Manwere
Highest Qualification Bachelor's Degree
I hold a Bachelor of Science Honours Degree in Wildlife and Safari Management, a valid Learner Professional Guiding Licence, Team Building and Mentoring Certificate and Front of House Certificate. I have worked for Zambezi Cruises and Safaris as a student on attachment and also as a Learner Guide and Team Building Coach. I also worked as a Camp Supervisor for Great Plains Conservation (Zimbabwe), Tourist Officer for Zimbabwe Parks and Wildlife Authority and currently am working as an Assistant Resort Manager at Palawani Lakeworld Resort.
I believe this post came with me at heart as l have the required qualification and over 10 years of working experience of which 5 years have been on a supervisory and/or management post and also considering that the camp lodge’s day to day activities revolve around my passionate qualifications and experience. My academic qualifications of Wildlife and Safari is a great pillar of the organization as the camp has both the Safari (management of expedition/journey of tourist from accommodation, activities, leisure and financial management) and Wildlife (Management of species in their natural habitat). With my Learners Guide License I have full knowledge of the institutional and legal framework pertaining to wildlife management as well as well of relevant policy issues. Also l have full knowledge of wildlife habitat and manipulation of its environment for a better ecosystem, including safety handling of firearms. The Team Building Coaching Certificate is very useful as it is a pillar in me being a team player and building a strong team in the camp. The Front of House Certificate also is very useful as l have full knowledge of guest expectations, the standard operating procedures of all guest from check inn to check out, so that they get the best Safari experience.
I have experience in leading, developing and managing safari/tourism operations and wildlife projects to produce the best results, I also have variety of unique ideas that are key in Safari operations that can produce the best revenue whilst the astatic value of the company is maintained. I am looking forward to your considerations, so that we can discuss my experience, qualification and career in person
2009 - 2013
Chinhoyi University of Technology
Bachelor of Science honors degree in Wildlife and Safari Management
I have passed a Bachelor of Science Degree in Wildlife and Safari Management (Hospitality and Tourism)
2011 - 2017
Zambezi Cruises and safaris
• Safari guiding in game drive and bushwalks, canoeing, elephant interaction and rides, lion den drive, horse riding and clay pigeon shooting
• Hosting guest before and after meals by the fire
• Front officer, Reservations and call agent training
• Report writing every week
• Training and certified as a Team Building Coach
• Game counts every year using road strip count system
• Habitat Management
• Identification of Flora and Fauna and all its application fields
• Rangeland assessment of the whole Park
• Patrols in anti-poaching campaigns
• Report writing every week
2021 - 2022
Zimbabwe Parks and Wildlife Management Authority
• Point of call for all booking of the Cluster
• Core producer of the Facebook and Instagram pages of Ngezi and Sebakwe Recreational Park and administrative duties
• Ensure and provide flawless, upscale and professional in camp and out of camp guest service experiences for all lodges in Central Region.
• Front of House and Back of House Training of Lodge attendance, Reservationist and Front office staff.
• Consolidation of monthly and weekly commercial reports for the Region’s tourism operations
• Analyze guest feedback and provide strategic direction to continuously improve overall rating.
• Anticipate and react promptly to guests requirements; a sense of urgency.
• Coordinate and manage communication between guests and staff and follow up to ensure complete service delivery.
• Direct, coach and manage camp employees to ensure all standards and operating procedures are adhered to fine dining application.
• Team Building Coaching for organizations, couples and school trips around the Central Region
• Maintaining all aspects of facilities and assets in the camp and back of house through best practice of hygiene and safety standards for both guests and staff.
• Ensuring the maintenance and ongoing development of the Environmental Management Plan within the set framework.
• Financial Experience in monitoring cost and budgets for the lodges and camps
• Manages selected tourism program initiatives,
• Plan and execute tourism projects and achieve set goals.
• Manages project budget and ensures compliance with donor requirements;
• Ensures the integrity and quality data in support of the projects;
• Ensures adequate documentation (including stories, lessons learnt and best practices) for all activities undertaken in the course of the projects;
• Timely compilation of tourism project reports for various audiences;
• Writing tourism and wildlife management project proposals every month
2022 - Present
Palawani Lakeworld Resort
Assistant Resort Manager
• Successful day-to-day tourism operations and profitability of the resort complex.
• Listen to customers’ concerns, issues and questions and resolve
• Maintain a positive attitude and calmly respond to customers’ complaints
• Attract customers by promoting the product and service of the company positively.
• Recommend possible products and services to meet the customers’ needs
• Prepare product and customer reports by gathering data collected during customer interactions
• Tracking market developments
• Creating strategies
• Setting up sales plans
• Maintaining customer relations